Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Traithlon Training Plan

I should probobly update you all with my triathlon training plan. It is just a little baby triathlong, so nothing to be scared of. I do have some goal paces I would like to hit though.

Run: 3.1 miles - Goal: 9 min/mile pace or 28 minutes
Bike: 10 miles - Goal: 17 mph or 36 minutes
Swim: 350 meters - Goal: 7 minutes

There is a huge, ginormous hill in the bike and I'm not that great of a biker so I don't know if that time is a huge stretch or what... Really anything over 15 mph I'd be happy b/c I've been averaging about 14.5mph. I know. Slow, huh? Even with my pretty new road bike. Oh, well. I'll get better in time.

For my plan, I am incorporating a day of speed work in for each of running and biking. The for the "distance" days I am working up to the entire distance at my goal pace. I don't know if that's the best or most scientific idea, but, hey, it made sense to me.

Progress:

Run: Week 1 - 3.12 miles (.5 mile at a 9min pace) 32:32 minutes Ave: 10:26 pace
Week 2 - 3.1 miles (1 mile at a 9 min pace) 31:06 minutes Ave: 10:06 pace

Bike: Week 1 - 10.03 miles (1.66 miles at a 17mph pace) 41:55 min Ave: 14.4 mph
Week 2 - 15 miles (3.3 miles at 16.4 mph pace) 1:18 hours total (I rode to my parents house. Yes, from west springville UP to northeast orem - my pace was like 11 mph and it was uphill the ENTIRE time including some crazy steep hills. I was going 3mph in the easiest gear up one of the hills (skyline dr for those of you who know- but I was not about to walk!)

Swim: Week 1 - 7:51

So that's what's going on with the tri training. I also started my third boot camp today! It was fun. We did assessments today. There were 17 people there! It's going to be really good I think. It's really growing and I don't know as many of the people and I like that. That means I'm getting refferrals!

One more quick thing for today: I ran sprints on the treadmill at the gym today. I haven't run on a treadmill in probobly 6 months. I used to do a 30 sec sprint at 10.5 mph. And that was tough. So today I started at 10. Increased it to 10.5 then 11 then 11.5 and finally 12mph! I honestly think there was something wrong with the treadmill though. I was running next to a friend and she said she had used that treadmill recently and didn't notice so maybe it's not off by too much? I mean 12 was really hard, don't get me wrong. My friend thought that since i've been running outside I'm just in better shape than I used to be. Hopefully that's the truth!

(But i still think the treadmill was off... ) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment