Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Good Trip to the Bod Pod?

Is that even possible? I've been to the Bod Pod (the machine at BYU that does body fat testing. It is supposed to be the next most accurate machine to underwater weighing) three times before. This is my fourth. I figure if I want to do the competition in May I should know what my body fat is now to see if I want to lose any before I need to start prepping (training/dieting) in February. The other times I have gone I was 24%, then 23% then 24%. I was thinking I was probobly 23% but hoping for 22%.

I was very suprised when my print out read 18%. So surprised in fact that I haven't even really been that excited about it. I just can't wrap my head around it. Here were the numbers it told me:

Weight: 136.5
Percent fat: 18.2%
Percent Lean body mass: 81.8%
Pounds of fat: 24.8 lbs
Pounds of lbm: 111.7

I just can't imagine that I'm that much lower than I used to be. Part of me wonders if it's wrong and the other part hopes it's right. I guess I can run faster than ever before (for me personally), do more pull ups than ever (I cranked out 5 at the gym last week!), weigh a few pounds less than before (only 3 though...) and my jeans that used to fit "Date Night" snug are very comfortable. So... I guess it's possible. But I'm still not sure I believe it...

1 comment: