Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I must have officially lost my mind...

You know how I've talked about doing that NPC bikini competition in May. Well, the other day I looked up the date for the one in October so that Brandon and I could go to it. It is October 10th. I also noticed that registration to compete is due today. Oh my gosh. I sent in my registration and I'm going to compete in it!!!! AHHH! I'm so crazy!

Here is my reasonings:
1. It's bikini not figure or fitness so they are going for a softer look. Ok, maybe I could there in 9 days.
2. The last few weeks of a competition diet get really strict and the cardio goes crazy so quite a bit of the weight is lost the last month. Ok, maybe I could do it in 9 days.
3. I want to be prepared to do well in May so why not just do it for the experience and practice and learn the ropes?

That's kind of where my thinking was over the last 2 days.

Since I decided to do it I've been on the internet non stop trying to research and learn as much as I can about this last week. I've got my plan all written out which I will unfold to you daily as I go. I also got my suit and heels last night. The suit is TEENY-TINY! AHHHH! SCARY! In the dressing room I almost changed my mind. Dressing room mirrors are SO mean when it comes to bathing suits. I couldn't stand back very far, the lighting was aweful and I came so close to changing my mind b/c i felt like a beached baluga whale. But I took a leap of faith and figured that at home, with a tan and in a week I could at least fit in at the competition. I'm not doing it to win. I'm doing it to learn. Anyway, I got home and ... I felt GREAT! It's amazing what can happen when tags are off, you can stand back and actually walk around. I'm really excited now.

So, now, I've cut back on the carbs, adding millions of hours of cardio and cut out all processed foods, ok more like all foods in general really. I will post my daily recap every night so you guys can follow me and my homemade, final week diet and training plan.

Talk about a fun adventure!

PS. Yesterday which was officially my first day of training, I weighed in at 136.2. Today, though, I weighed the lowest I've weighed since before having children: 134.0!!! Wow.

PSS or PPS? I don't want people to think that I only prepped for this competition for 10 days. In my mind, I always work out hard and eat really clean so ... I kind of count that as my prep.

3 comments:

  1. you are so freaking brave. no matter how happy i get with my fitness (and i am not right now) there is NOTHING i can do about my saggy stomach skin and boobs. well, maybe there is something i can do but it isn't in the budget right now ;) Good luck! you're a babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "talk about a fun adventure!"
    we have different definitions of fun! ;)
    I'm excited to see how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so stinkin' brave my dear!!!! LOL! If I wasn't leaving to Disneyland on that day, I would SO be there to cheer you on! I want to come to the one in May for SURE!!!!!! You will do awesome!!! :) Love your guts!!

    ReplyDelete