Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Monday, October 5, 2009

5 Days out and weekend recap

This weekend was ... overwhelming to say the least. On Saturday I went to a posing class and there were two other girls there. I know I just started doing this a week ago and they have been prepping for 2-3 months but still... they looked amazing! It did NOT make me feel bad about myself though, which I am glad for. I still feel great about how I look but they did look way better. But, hey, it's ok. I'm just doing this for practice. And they aren't in my height class anyway. :-) The class also showed much how much I didn't know! Which is good and I'm feeling fine about it now but I felt very overwhelmed the day of. I also came home and realized I have no idea what do to for the last week. I've heard the diet and workouts are a science and you've got to get it right. I had no idea what to do. I have been picking my friend's brain who competed in 2005 (Thanks Bertie for thinking so far back!) and I think I have a good plan. I've got something I think I can stick with for the next 5 days (ha ha, i'm so weak!)

On to Sunday, so I came home saturday feeling like all I could eat was chicken and brocolli! Ha, ha. Of course I couldn't stick with something so strict on Sunday and I felt discouraged. AND to top it all off (TMI ALERT) I started my period. Which is actually a good thing b/c i am leanest in the few days after it ends and I should be done by thursday or so. But the fact that I am bloated and up 2 pounds doesn't help the discouragment.

On to today. I am feeling SO much better. I have a great plan that I know I can actually stick with for the week. Day three of TOM and I'm feeling much better already. I'm getting excited again. :-)

Workout #1: 6-7am: Boot camp including 15 min cardio
Workout #2: 8:30-9am: 15 min stair mill; 15 min hill climb on treadmill
Workout #3: 5:30-6:15pm: 10 mile bike ride

Water: 24 cups

Meals:

1. One egg, 2 egg whites, ham, turkey sausage, fat free cheese
2. 2 slices Ezekial bread, turkey
3. pb and cottage cheese
4. protein powder and almond butter
5. protein shake with almond milk and pb

Cals: 1179, Fat: 45.5 Sodium: 2083 Carbs: 67 Protein: 125

I am off to bed! My legs are SO sore and I have no idea what did it! I've been doing so many workouts that I can't pin point any one thing! I am in dire need of some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment