Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

9 Days Out

I felt great today! I wasn't hungry all day despite the low calories and lack of carbs. I want to say to everyone though that what I will be doing over the next week is NOT a healthy way to live. A lot of competitors call this Hell Week b/c of the lack of carbs low calories and hours of cardio. BUT you'd be surprised at how strict you can be when the possibility of humiliation in a bikini on a stage in front of hundreds is hanging over your head!

Daily Goals:

Water: 1.25 gallons - 20 cups - DONE
Carbs: 0 starchy carbs - DONE
Cardio: 60 min - DONE
Sodium: Regular/high - DONE

Cardio: 30 min turbo kick, 15 min stair mill, 15 min arc trainer

Eats: (FYI, I will probobly not be as crazy strict as figure competitors this last week mainly b/c I don't know if I could eat chicken and asparagus all day and also, it's bikini division so you don't have to be as crazy lean as figure)

1. 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4 c. fat free cheese, 1 turkey sausage, onions, lots of bell peppers
2. Turkey patty cut up into veggie soup
3. 1 scoop all natural protein powder, 1/2 c. blueberries, 1 c. almond milk, 2 c. spinach
4. 2 dates
5. 10 chocolate chips - i didn't think this would kill my diet but it would help keep me sane - 4 egg whites, 2 1/2 T. almond butter

Cals: 1113 Fat: 49g Sodium: 2065 mg Carbs: 58g Protein: 86g (No, I don't subscribe to the 1g/lb protein rule, for my own body at least)

The hardest part about today was whenever I lower my carbs I usually turn to fats like avocado and nut butters but I was only allowed one serving of fat which turned into a hefty little serving but oh well.

I've walked around in my shoes for 4 30 minute increments today and applied 1 coat of regular store bought tanner to get some sort of base coat before I use the heavy duty stuff next week.

I'm off to bed soon after we watch the office! Have a great night!
1:

1 comment:

  1. Good job girl!

    Do you have your suit already I guess? I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete