Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Post Comp Update

Hey guys! So the competition was one week ago yesterday. This last week Brandon and I went to California. If you'd like to read about that trip go to my family blog which is on the side bar of this blog. Here's what happened weight-wise:

Day of Comp: 131.8 lbs
Monday (after eating quite a bit sunday): 135.0 lbs

Now if we weren't going to go out of town I know this would have come down as I usually weigh about 2 lbs more on Mondays from eating a little more on the weekends. By the end of the week it is gone.

Friday (after California): 137.4

To be honest I was completely ok with this. We ate out for every meal and I thoroughly enjoyed it as we normally don't eat out very much. I even had a treat/dessert every single day.

Action plan: 1350 cals per day until I'm to my goal maintanence weight of 133 (132-134lbs). Progress so far:

Saturday: 135.8
Sunday: 135.4

I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll be down again.

Workout wise, this week I kind of took it easy. I was pretty burnt out with exercising but I didn't take the week off completely.

Monday: lifted
Tuesday: 5 mile run along the beach (on a path not sand)
Wed: lifted
Thursday: inteval run along beach
Friday: Lifted
Saturday: 12 mile bike ride

Ok, so i guess that doesn't LOOK like I took it easy but I did. Besides the bike ride I didn't push my speeds or weights. It felt good.

OK! Done with that little side note called a figure competition and back to the original triathlon training!

Saturdays bike ride was AWESOME!!! I pushed myself really hard. If I was comfortable in a gear I went to one harder and tried to keep the cadence the same. My average was 16 mph which is a full mph faster than my previous fastest speed. Before saturday I was feeling kind of sad that my speed was so slow. But for a little bit of the ride Saundra let me borrow her road bike that had cages on the pedals and I was able to go quite a bit faster. Sure, it was only for a few minutes so I can't really assess how much faster they would make me go, but I could tell they would make a difference. So... I dropped a few hints to Brandon because my birthday is coming up in a few weeks. We'll see what happens with that. :-)

I also want to work on certain parts of my body in case I do another comp in the spring. I am going to be focusing for 9 weeks on developing my shoulders. I've never really done this before as my goal has always just been weight loss as I've had three babies in the past 6 years. I'm going to figure out a plan and I'll post it when I've got it figured out.

Ok, that's enough writing for today! I have got a crazy plan for this week but that will be for another post.

Hope you all have a great sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment