Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Monday, February 1, 2010

I want to come back... Here's where I'm at

Is anyone still out there? Leave a comment so I know that someone still reads this blog! Please...?!

Let me tell you in a nut shell what has been going on with me fitness wise.

I did the triathlon in November, as you probably read about forever ago. My goal through the holidays was to maintain my weight. I was hanging out around 134-135 lbs. I was very happy there. It was hard to maintain through the holidays though. I definately had to have days of "dieting" interspersed with the days of indulging. But I didn't gain any weight and I was thrilled about that.

On Jan 8th, I had a photo shoot with a girl that I did some trade work with. I haven't seen the pictures yet but I think they turned out well. I did a 10 day diet down and got down to 130 lbs. I LOVED how I looked here. I went to the gym the day after the photo shoot and I felt SO good. I knew most of the loss was water and that it would come back but i was still hoping to maintain around 132-133 ish. But i had no way of knowing what was water and what was fat so I was just guessing.

But our cruise threw a little kink in the whole maintaining idea. :-) We left two days after my photo shoot and I came home at 140 lbs! Lol. I know i didn't gain 10 b/c i was at 132 when we left and who knows how much would have come back even if we didn't go on vacation. But I pigged out and it was so much fun! I wouldn't change a single minute of it! Within 6 days I was back at my 134 lbs. I tried to get under that for a few mores days but didn't have the desire to be strict enough.

This brings us to now. I am getting my bf done again at the bod pod on Thursday. I was 18.2 last time which was a huge shock. I thought I'd be closer to 22%. I almost wouldn't be too surprised for it to come back at 20 or something and have the last time be a total fluke. We'll see. I am 2 lbs lighter than last time I did it and I don't THINK i've lost muscle as I can do more pull ups... Who knows.

I want to focus on something every month. And I dont' want it to always be a weight thing b/c I don't really need to lose much more weight. I am a size 27/4 in pants and I think that is small enough, right? ;-) BUT, everyone has their trouble zones so I want to have a different focus each month to keep my focus from losing weight. Make sense? Here are the ideas I have:

Feb: Pull ups
March: 1 arm push up
April: A 4 week cut for summer (maybe)
May: (or sometime in summer) Decrease my 5k time

These are just possibilities. But you get the idea.

I do know that Feb's goal is Pull ups/chin ups.

Start: Today I did 6 1/2 chin ups. Not sure how many pull ups I can do. I'll try next time I'm at the gym.

Goal: By the end of the month I want to be able to whip out 9 of them. 10 would be AWESOME. We're talking chin ups, fyi. If I can do 9/10 chin ups maybe I'll be able to do 4 pull ups?

I also want to focus on maintaining my weight without putting a focus on it. To do this I will workout 4-5 hours a week total (counting lifting and cardio and camp workouts - camp starts next week). And keep my calories at 1700-1750 a day.

Before you all say, that's such a low calorie count to maintain, keep in mind, i don't count fish oils, calcium chews, veggies, crystal light, gum, mints and I know that I underestimate. I am assuming I usually get about 200 cals more than I count or close to 2000. FYI.

Anyway, here's to week 1 of February!

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of this blog the other day, I'm glad your back at it because I really enjoy it. That sounds like a great idea for monthly goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete