Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Pull up challenge will begin ... again.

I've had some unexpected things come up that have put the pull up challenge on hold. One is that I fell on my back on Monday while running. I slipped on ice and because of that I didn't work my back much this week b/c it has been sore. I'm better now though. Second, not this week but the two weeks before were filled with a little too much snacking and my clothes were feeling a tad tight. I wanted to do a little mini "diet" this week. I hate that word b/c i'm not really "going on a diet". I just use that term to describe a period of time where I tighten up my nutrition, count a little more carefully and get rid of some bloat. Feeling much better now.

I am ready to start a 6 week pull up program. I will be using this program by Leigh Peele. It talks about the real way to do pull ups and I have been kind of cheating a little, I admit. I don't always go down to a dead hang after each one. Tomorrow I will start off by maxing out and seeing how many I can do the right way. I will be training with the chin up/underhand grip. I am going to start on Monday.

On another note, I think it'd be way cool to be down to about 15% body fat for the summer. At the same time I don't have much energy for dieting these days. I'm totally happy with how I look so I don't really have it in my to "diet" hard. Here's the plan I came up with. If it doesn't work out, it's ok. But I'm going to try it. Instead of doing a one month cut like i talked about before, I will do 3-4 different week long "diets" and try to shed a pound/half percent bf each time and then maintain it for a few weeks. Week one of this plan was this week. I started at 134.8 lbs and today I was 133.4 lbs. I will focus on maintaining for the next 3-4 weeks and then possibly do it again. We'll see.

Anyway, those are all of my random thoughts. I will post again this week about my pull up challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment