Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day one of Tracking for LBC

I have to do a three day food log for Erik of everything that enters my mouth including gum, veggies, drink, supplements, etc. This actually really helped me be more aware and not take any BLT's (bites, licks, tastes) because how lame does that look, "One lick off the peanut butter knife"? Right? So it was a perfect day for me. If you're interested in what the food log looks like here it is, copied and pasted:

5:15 – wake up – 1 fish oil, 1 calcium, 1 multi vitamin, 1 vitamin C, 1 Buzz Bite (caffeine chew) – 1 cup water

24 cals/0fat/4carb/0prot

6-7am Teach Boot Camp (approx 20 min circuit training off an on over an hour) – 3 cups water

7:30am – 1 scoop Jack3d - Greens drink – water, 1/3 c. egg whites, 9g protein powder, 1.1 oz banana, 70g blueberries, 2c spinach, 2 leaves kale, 4 baby tomatoes, ice – 3 c water

143cal/1fat/17carb/16prot

8:30 – 9:30 – Train shoulders and arms for 45 minutes – 3 cups water

10am – PWO meal – 2 caramel rice cakes, 25 mini marshmallows, 5 egg whites whipped with ½ t. lemonade crystal light and scrambled – 1 c water

236 cals/0fat/35carb/20prot

Between meals – 2 baby tomatoes and a small stick of gum

12:15 – Lunch – 1 egg, 3 egg whites, whipped with ½ t. apple crystal light powder, 5g protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla, cooked like a pancake, on top of whole wheat tortilla with laughing cow cheese wedge and 2 T. sf maple syrup – 1 fish oil, 1 calcium, 1 vitamin C – 3 cups water

273 cals/10fat/15carb/27prot

2:45 – Snack – 1 homemade oat/egg white bar (ingredients – egg whites, protein powder, pineapple, splenda, coconut extract, baking soda, salt), 225g plain greek yogurt, 1 pkt Truvia, 1 T. sf Da Vinci coconut syrup, 3g unsweetened coconut

216 cals/2fat/19carb/29prot

Between meals – 3 cups water, 2 small sticks of gum

4:45 – Snack – 4.25 oz sweet potato, 1 T low fat maple nut butter (almonds, real maple syrup, light tub butter), 6 baby tomatoes

142cals/4fat/24carb/2prot

Between meals – 3 cups water

6:00pm – 1.5 oz 96/4 ground beef, 160g low fat cottage cheese, 1 cup broccoli, 4 spray butter sprays, salt, 1/3 c. tomato sauce

228cals/5fat/13carb/31prot

6:30 – treat – 2 squares chocolate – 1 dark, 1 milk

51cal/3fat/5carb/1prot

After dinner: 1 big stick gum, 1 small stick gum, 2 cups water

Specs not counting gum, fish oil, crystal light and veggies:

1312cals/26fat/133carbs/126prot

Specs including everything that entered my mouth:

1415cals/29fat/149carbs/130prot

So that's the basic rundown of my day. Or... not so basic? Water totaled at 22 cups. Twas a good day for me. My butt and hamstrings are super sore so I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day. I'm going to lower the carbs tomorrow since I'm not training.

What counts as "a lot" of water for you? How much do you drink when you are feeling like you didn't get enough that day?

For me a lot of water is anything over 20 cups. Anything from 16-20 is normal or good and anything under 16 cups (a gallon) isn't enough anymore and I will likely feel thirsty throughout the day.

1 comment:

  1. I've always just "eyeballed" portions, this post made me want to start and REALLY measure my food intake and actually count cups of water. I have no idea how much water I have throughout the day. Good for me that I don't drink much of anything else!
    You have to be so meticulous, thanks for the details!

    ReplyDelete