Welcome To My Little Space

Follow me as I share the struggles, triumphs and craziness of life as a mother of three, personal trainer and national level NPC bikini competitor.

Friday, April 15, 2011

My new adventure - I'm headed to VEGAS!!!

If you didn't know, I qualified for Nationals in the NPC Bikini division last October and again this past March. I have just decided to actually go for it and head to USA's in Vegas at the end of July! I will be documenting my journey here and I hope you'll follow along for the ride!

First things first. I've hired a trainer I am so super excited about. His name is Erik with Lean Bodies Consulting (clever name, huh? ;-) He was around long before I was but I didn't know it). He has nothing but rave reviews and he seems to have a "new" way of contest prep that doesn't require hours of endless cardio and insanely low carbs and calories. He's good at what he does and I'm going to trust him every step of the way. He has a little bit of a waiting list but I should hopefully get my program by the end of the month.

He has given me a few to - do's before we start together:

1 - No cardio. Yep, cut it out all together. I am actually thrilled about this one as I don't love my cardio. I'm a little nervous. But I'm also excited about the possibilities and the time this opens up. I asked him if he thought I'd gain weight. His response: "Who cares. You need to get out of diet mode and think metabolic repair." Since I am just coming out of a show he wants my calories up and my cardio down in order to "fix me" so his program will work that much better. But, secretly, I'm hoping no weight gain. :-)

2 - Maintenance calories. I guess since maintenance calories would be the level at which you don't lose or gain, I shouldn't gain weight. I may just have to adjust my maintenance calories a tad.

3 - Start at my happy weight. Ok this is my little to do. Since my last show I have been eating too much. I competed at 129.6. My goal maintenance was 132. I was there for about two weeks but then had an off week where too much food coupled with some TOM bloating sent me to 137. This week I've been documenting an example "diet week" in the life of Lindsey and I'm thinking I'll be back to about 133 ish tomorrow. Hopefully after an on track couple weeks before I start with Erik I'll be starting at that happy 132 lbs.

Anyway, that's the new adventure. Who's along for the ride? I want comments people. If I know you're out there, I'll keep posting. How's that for a deal.

Todays comment inducer: Say hello to me in another language. :-)

I'll start. Hola! (I don't know any other languages.)

6 comments:

  1. Con nich chu wa! Bahahahahahha! Kidding
    For reals....здравствуйте! (thats in russian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm such a creepster; we've never met but I follow your lean bodies blog all the time and would love to follow this journey too!
    I have a question about Erik- where is he out of? if I'm thinking of the right person you'd have to do his program online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calee - Not creepy at all! Hi, nice to meet you. :-) I'm glad you're along for the ride. Erik is out of Canada so, yes, it would all be online but that works perfectly for me since I have the motivation to get to the gym and push myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ciao, buon giorno :)
    cool, I'm interested to hear what his method is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey you! Ha ha! I will for sure follow you....can't wait to see what Erik does for you!! I actually have a plan from him from like 7 years ago.....crazy!!! ;)

    these are gonna show up as Scott posting but it's me, Jody! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new goal Lyndsey! It's going to be fun following your journey. :D

    ReplyDelete